LEGG LAKE MODEL BOATERS
Today we got some great news from the LA County Parks and Recreation.
The model boating area will be open for use starting this weekend with strict county health guidelines, as follows:
1. Physical distancing of six (6) feet required at all times.
2. Face coverings are required at all times.
3. No group gatherings are allowed.
4. No tournaments are allowed.
5. Participants may only touch and handle their own models and gear.
6. All driving must be done from the Drivers Stand “ONLY”. No more than four (4) drivers up on the driver stand at one time.
7. No more than (4) boats in the hot pits at one time. Useable tables are 1,2,4, & 6 starting with the table closest to the stairs.
8. No pitting or repairs in the hot pit area, this is for launching and retrieving boats only.
9. The pit guys my stay in hot pits maintaining social distancing, and call dead boats for the drivers above. "GLOVES REQUIRED" for launching and retrieving of someone elses model.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF ALL USERS OF THE PARK, MASKS AND DISTANCING.
We strongly recommend following these guidelines, because if we don’t the consequence is great, we could lose a great place to play with our toy boats.
Legg Lake Model Boat Club
LEGG LAKE RULES
*All users of the Lake must be NAMBA members and are now required by the park to have purchased a key.
1. Park closures will be posted on this website www.Legglakemodelboatclub.com. We will try to keep you informed. It is your responsibility to check. **
2. Equipment “UNLOADING,” not parking, is permitted inside the gate. After dropping off equipment you must move your vehicle outside the gate. This is a park request.
a. The only time that parking is allowed inside, is during a District Race or a Club Race where a permit has been pulled for the event, or special park permission.
3. Handicapped parking inside the gate is available with “State Tag” or plates ONLY.
4. No drinking or smoking is allowed in the park.
5. We are all responsible for “Self-Policing” i.e... spectators and non NAMBA members. Please be polite with your directions.
6. If you’re the last to leave, please make sure all equipment is clean, put away and locked up. And our area clean and litter free.
7. Please don’t leave personal things in lock up area as it is crowded enough in there already.
a. Only things left in the lock up area should be brooms, water hoses, and general things for cleanup.
8. Due to Safety and Liability problems, there will be no electricity available at the receptacles, unless there is a “Permit” pulled from the park office.
9. Lastly, if you are the last “key” member to leave the facility, you must lock up the equipment and all gates. Non-key members are not allowed to stay. Violators will lose their key privileges.
I agree to comply with all the rules listed. And failure to do so will be grounds for removal from the club, and the R/C area of the park. Any private use of the facility must be approved by the Legg Lake Committee.
We Love the Park, Let’s Help Keep It �